I honestly thought I’d have at least another 5 years before I’d need to write this article. It’s funny how timelines change. As many of you know, I started with Macaroni KID in November 2017 after not being able to find the events that were happening in the area. Not knowing how to find the information, which Facebook groups to join or even what newspapers were in the area. Way too many times, our family said those dreaded words “Oh no! We missed it!” I wanted to make sure that other families didn’t have to struggle like we did.
I started this edition from zero. I had no subscribers, I didn't really know anyone in town. I didn’t have a publishing or design background. I wasn’t a very strong writer and I still struggled to find the local events. But, over the past 5 years, I feel like I have grown along with this site. We now have over 250 subscribers. The calendar is packed full every month and I’ve started hosting my own events and have loved it—— most of the time.
I was able to make two of the publisher trips. Met some phenomenal publishers that felt like friends, and in some cases, sisters. I knew if I was struggling, I always had someone to ask.
I just received notice that beginning in April, I will no longer be the Macaroni KID Clintonville-Shawano-Oconto-Antigo publisher. Personally, I’m still in the “Now What”? phase of processing this news. Fortunately, I can answer a few of your questions about the transition.
Here’s what you can expect in the coming weeks.
- I will not give any less to the website than I have over the past 5 years. You can still expect to find a full calendar of events and you’ll still get a newsletter filled with family fun every week!
- The site will not just vanish when I’m done publishing. When my contract is terminated, most things on the site should remain just as it is. The “About Me” and “Contact Information” will be updated. It will either have the new publishers info or it will say that the site needs a new publisher.
- There are a couple things that I can‘t tell you exactly how it will go because I don’t know if there is a new publisher waiting to take over. If there is a new publisher, you can expect a welcome letter from them sometime in their first few newsletters. If there is not a new publisher, then instead of weekly newsletter, you’ll receive an e-mail that generates from HQ approximately once per month that will have some highlights and national articles in it to still help find your family fun.
- I am still very much dedicated to everything I have built over the last 5 years.
- I am going to ask for a little bit of help. Since I don’t know how long it will be before we’ll have a “one-stop-shop” for all the events in the area once I’m done, I want to make sure that we have as many events on the calendar for as far out as we can go. I won’t be able to update details after April, but at least everyone will know what’s happening and you can plan and save the dates. Events can still be submitted for Free here. If you’re not comfortable filling out the form, can you share the event, flyer, info, to this group, please?
- All the business social media pages will go along with the website. HQ or the new publisher will take over all the social media pages after my term date.
- I don’t want there to be any confusion or surprises during this transition. I will do what I can to make sure you all know what’s happening.
- Because you subscribed to this site, your email stays with this site (and with HQ). Legally, and morally, I will not be taking your e-mail addresses with me.
- If you took advantage of the Business Directory Listing Sale, I will be contacting you soon. The sale has ended early due to these circumstances.
- I had a blast hosting the Santa event. I have every intention of continuing to host that Santa event. It just won’t be a Macaroni KID event. Your photos are still safe.
- I know this is a lot of information. If you have any questions about anything I covered here or concerns about the transition, please don’t hesitate to reach out. You’ll be able to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a little while yet. I will make sure to get you an alternative contact method before my end date.
- Since I’m still in the “Now What” phase. I’m considering options. Watch the site for a new Reader Survey in the next few days. Your opinion really does matter so I’d appreciate the input.
There are still a lot of unknowns as we navigate these next few weeks of transition. I want to be sure to thank each and every one of you. I appreciate that you entrusted me to help you find your family fun and to attempt to support our communities and families along the way.
Until Next Week,
Peace, Love and Macaroni