One of my goals is to help teach my girls to be a little more self-sufficient in the kitchen. I decided Mug Cakes would be the perfect place to start.
Mug Cakes are easy to make, take just three ingredients, and can be done with little supervision, depending on your children's ages and abilities, of course.
Mug Cakes also certainly can come in handy after you've put the kids to bed and you want a little something sweet yourself. 😋
Here's how you and your kids can make a Mug Cake in just a few minutes!
At Macaroni KID, we skip the fluff and get straight to the good stuff. No need to scroll through pages of unnecessary content — our recipes are easy to find. Now let's get cooking!
vm2002 | Canva
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) cake mix (any flavor of your choice)
- 1 box (16 oz.) of angel food cake mix
- Mix together and store in an airtight container
- Mix-ins such as chocolate chips or fruit such as chopped-up cherries, bananas, or berries.
- Toppings such as fruit, frosting, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or powdered sugar
- Spray your mug with cooking spray.
- Add 3 tablespoons of mix and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Mix well. Add any mix-ins.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave. This is where you need to be careful with kids: The mug will be hot, so teach them to use a potholder to take it out of the microwave.
You can either eat your mug cake straight out of your mug or flip it onto a plate! Top your mug cake with the toppings of your choice and ENJOY!
MurzikNata | Canva
Brigette Schroeder is the publisher of Macaroni KID Yorkville - Geneva - St. Charles, Ill.